Many business owners we work with contact us with questions about flexible working. There is a lot of confusion around the rights of workers to request flexible working, which isn’t surprising as the legislation around flexible working has change a number of times over the last few years.
The kind of questions of questions managers have include:
- Is flexible working just for women?
- Is flexible working just for parents with children? Or can it also apply for those who have elderly dependent parents?
- How much time can staff take off paid or unpaid?
- How much notice do they need to give when they make a flexible working request?
And the most frequently answered question is “Can I refuse my member of staff’s request to work flexibly”
We can answer all these questions and help you navigate around the different forms of flexible working that will help you maintain productivity and efficiency in your organisation as well as ensuring that you retain valued staff. We can help you with:
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Leave
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Term Time Working
- Annualised Hours
- Temporarily Reduced Working Hours
- Job Share
- Flexi-Time (staggered working hours)
- Compressed Hours (working 5 days work over 4 days)
- Special Leave (JP, Territorial Army etc)
If you’re interested to know how we can help you with your flexible working queries and requests, please visit our website.